We get a bit upset when one of our dogs won’t stop barking. But in comparison this story makes excessive barking seem pretty insignificant . Plus, we’ll give the dog the benefit of the dobut that it dien’t really mean to set the laptop on fire. Or did it?
Dog Turns on Stove, Which Then Sets Laptop Ablaze
Police say a New Jersey family’s dog turned on the stove, which caught the laptop resting on the burner on fire and sent smoke through the roof.
The fire was reported early Friday evening in Lacey Township while the owners were away.
Police tell the Asbury Park Press (http://on.app.com/1uanK1O) that investigators believe the dog accidentally turned on the stove, though they didn’t specify how that occurred.
Police say heat from the stove eventually burned a laptop computer that had been left on top of the appliance. Smoke was pouring from the roof when firefighters arrived, but the blaze was quickly extinguished.
Firefighters rescued the dog, which emerged unscathed.